Thursday, June 14, 2007

Getting out of lock up after 2 years

So you have the back story now here's where we're at today. I drove out to Fremont today with Willie from Willies Place in Campbell. I met Willie at the Campbell farmers market where he had is Cadillac there for a little get together with some other car enthusiasts. Hands down he had the sweetest ride there so we got to talking, I told him about the van so we decided to go check up on it and see if it was a project he was up for. Personally I was beginning to wonder if it still exists it had been locked up now for over 2 years in a relocation companies warehouse.

I had a chance to take a look at some of Willy's other work before we left to look at the van and I was really beginning to wonder if it was a project he would actually be interested in working on. Well we arrived and there she was, just as I left her. Some shine, some rust and a couple cob-webs here and there. But all in all in better shape then I think either of us expected. We had a quick look at her. I snapped a few pictures and we chatted a bit on the way home about various ideas on the directions we could take the project. So now I just have to sit down and figure out what we're going to do and when we're going to start!

So I figured this might be a cool project to document from start to finish. I really wish I had pictures of the van when I first picked it up. While I try to track those down here are some pics from the trip today:




No comments: